Selling A Property

One of the first questions we are often asked by home sellers is, “Do I need to get a survey or a Real Property Report done?”

The requirement for a Real Property Report exists largely to provide assurance to the buyer and their lender that the location of all improvements on the property complies with all the local land use bylaws. The RPR is a requirement in the standard form real estate purchase and sale agreement and has been an important component of the real estate transaction for over 50 years.

If you are selling a house or a bare land condominium, you must provide a current Real Property Report to the buyers.

After the Real Property Report, the second most common question is “when and how do we get our money from the sale?” We never lose sight of the fact that it’s your money and our clients appreciate our flexibility in handling any net sale proceeds – whether the funds are direct deposited to your account, mailed, couriered or held for pick up. The choice is yours.
Lawyer For Sellers In Calgary And Surrounding Areas

Your real estate agent has a listing agreement with you and is in charge of the practical aspects of helping you sell your home quickly and for the best price. Our job is to:

Conduct all necessary searches on your property, such as title and taxes
Review your Sale Contract and explain it to you
Review your Real Property Report with you
Let you know if and when you will need a new Real Property Report prepared
Make sure that if you are a non-resident, you understand your responsibilities regarding withholding tax, including obtaining a clearance certificate from CRA after the sale of your property
Prepare Transfers of Land
Prepare Statements of Adjustment
Review all Closing documents with you and explain the transaction sequence and costs
Receive all the funds related to the sale
Pay out all costs, including mortgages, commissions and closing costs
Make sure you receive your money as soon as possible

Contact Us

If you are selling a property in Calgary or the surrounding area, contact Tiro Clarke at 403-444-1163 or by email. We’ll answer your questions.