Admiral Law is currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Real Estate/General) who will fit in well immediately, and also be an integral part of the organization over the longer term.
- Start Date: mid-February
- Location: Beltline office
- Full Time 40-hour position
- Salary: $45,000 and up, based on experience and skills.
Admiral Law is a small law firm with core practice areas of corporate, commercial and real estate law. We pride ourselves on our culture and collaborative approach within the office and strive to build long term relationships with our clients and other professionals.
As a team, we work hard for our clients and we insist on enjoying ourselves in the process. Accordingly, we take great efforts to ensure that each new hire embodies our core values and style of work. The personal characteristics and cultural fit of the successful candidate are equally important to us. Our commitment to the right assistant is to provide mentoring and a supportive work environment. Your personality, outside interests, and genuine desire to help people are key.
Duties and Responsibilities of the position:
- handle residential real estate files from opening to closing;
- process purchase transactions including preparation of mortgages, refinancing and supplemental documents and interim/final reports;
- process sale transactions including statements of adjustments, trust letters and documents to meet closing date;
- maintain files, diarize critical deadlines and prepare client accounts and correspondence;
- communicate with realtors, financial institutions, clients and other law firms regarding all aspects of real estate transactions;
- schedule client appointments;
- provide support to lawyers and other support staff as required;
- assist with supporting the administrative function of the firm;
- general receptionist duties; and
- other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- prior experience and training as a legal assistant in the area of Real Estate, ideally in corporate and/or commercial work as well;
- be a self-starter, with a customer service-oriented work style. He or she will thrive working independently, as well as within our team;
- be effective at planning ahead, organizing, and prioritizing to maintain multiple tasks;
- have a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with others to achieve the goals of the organization; flexible, courteous, and supportive of teammates;
- exceptional technical expertise with attention to detail;
- strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- minimum of one year of related work experience;
- proficiency with Lawyer Done Deal, Assyst and FCT platforms;
- familiarity with PC Law would be an asset;
- proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- familiarity with, or willingness to train in corporate/commercial and/or wills and estates would be considered an asset; and
- related education would be considered an asset;
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week within our office. We offer competitive salaries with discretionary bonus opportunities and health benefits as well as offsite and, subject to availability, onsite parking..
How to Apply
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications submitted without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. All applications will be held in strict confidence. This job will be posted until February 10, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those with relevant and pertinent experience will be contacted.